We respect your privacy, and we are committed to keeping your Personal Data secure and managing it in accordance with our legal responsibilities under applicable data protection laws.
2. What Personal Data We Collect and How We Use your Personal Data
You can use the majority of our Website without being required to provide any Personal Data to us. For certain services and purposes of the Website, you need to provide Personal Data to us. For example, for us to be able to process your orders or to send newsletters or other information to you. In addition to the information, you are required to provide to us, we collect certain information when you visit our Website. Some information requested on the Website is mandatory. If you do not provide the requested information, we will not be able to deliver the service or product to you.
We have specified the Personal Data we collect, the purposes for which we use the Personal Data and how long we will generally retain your Personal Data:
1) Processing your order to be able to process your payment and to deliver the requested product or service to you; We need your name, e-mail address, telephone number (in case we need to communicate to you about your order), postal address of you or the recipient of our services (if different than yourself), your date of birth (as we are legally required to ask for before allowing you to visit our Website), payment information. This is also for our sales administration.
The use of this Personal Data is to perform our agreement with you or to comply with legal obligations, such as tax and accounting rules. Our online sales records will be retained by us for 7 years or longer if required by tax or corporate bookkeeping.
2) Registration and creating an account on our Website. Before you make a purchase, you can create an account and provide us with a log-in name and password (which we need to process your account) and email address, first name/last name, billing address, birth date and phone number (which we will use to process your order or contact you in case of irregularities around your order). You can manage the information in your account yourself (e.g. which purchases you have made earlier) and view it at any time. We will retain your account details for as long as you actively use your account. After 1 year period of inactivity, we will delete your account. You can also request to remove your account via You can also opt to purchase our products as a ‘guest’. As a guest, we will create a unique customer ID which contains your contact details and order information. If you make a subsequent purchase, we can link this order to the contact details you previously provided. We do this to avoid duplication of data and to ensure we can fulfil your purchase order. You can also request to remove this data via Contact Us.
3) Customer services: You can always reach out with a question via the Website or phone. We can also reach out to you in case of product recalls or other service mails. For these purposes we will process your e-mail address, name and/or phone number. We register your requests, questions and our responses and other actions required in order to handle your request. We will record the calls when you reach out to us via phone. You are free to indicate that you do not want to have the call recorded at the beginning of the phone call.
Beerwulf will retain all information for 1 year after your question or complaint has been solved or the inquiry was closed.
4) Sending commercial messages: We use multiple ways to send you commercial messages. You can subscribe to receiving commercial messages (e.g., newsletter), in that case we will use the contact details (such as your email address, social media account or phone number) you have provided to send you our commercial messages. Furthermore, when you purchase a product from us, you will also automatically be added to our customer database and therefore you will receive commercial messages about similar products or services, unless you object to this processing of personal data at the time of your purchase. If you no longer wish to receive any commercial messages from us, you can unsubscribe at any time by using the unsubscribe function in each e-mail message or you can Contact Us.
We will retain the Personal Data as specified under the relevant purposes for which the Personal Data has been collected (e.g., newsletters, marketing). The Personal Data shall generally be deleted or anonymised 2 years after your last order on our Website, except where we are legally required to retain the Personal Data or where it is kept for any of the other purposes.
5) Marketing: Information about your purchases, your online searches and social media activity (such as Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook & Instagram) clicks and views, your settings on our Website, the items in your shopping cart, your customer service requests and contact history can be combined by us. This information enables us to use different channels for relationship management and marketing of our products and services to you via commercial messages, emails, regular mail, social media, apps or online advertising which may include personalising website/email/ app and social media content and offers so these are tailored to your preferences.
You can always opt-out of receiving our newsletter or direct mail and you can always object to our use of your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes (for more information on how to do this, read paragraphs 9. and 10. below on your rights).
In our commercial emails we link to a preference centre. In this preference centre we are asking questions about your use of our products. These questions can concern occasions for use, preferred brands, preferred products or specific information you would like or not like to receive. You can pro-actively fill this in, to enable us to create a better understanding of how you use our product(s). We may use this information for sending you specific offers, discounts or other commercial messages that suit your preferences or exclude you from certain messages. You are not obliged to fill in this information.
We use this Personal Data as it is necessary in our legitimate interests to be able to promote our products and services to our customers and website visitors, to enable us to attract more customers, to improve the sale of our products and services and to finance our Website (via online advertisements). We will ask for prior consent when we are legally required.
We will retain the Personal Data as specified under the relevant purposes for which the Personal Data have been collected (e.g. newsletters, account information, processing orders and payments). The Personal Data shall generally be deleted or anonymised 2 years after your last order on our Website, except where we are legally required to retain the Personal Data or where it is kept for any of the other purposes.
6) Information about your visit to and use of our Website; we collect certain information when you visit our Website, such as your which web pages you visit, clicks and views, the type of device you use, the operating system you use, and type of internet browser. We also keep track of how you use our newsletter, which pages you view and which parts you read so we can customize the newsletter to your preferences. The information about your use of our Website and services enables us to build segments, which are groups of website visitors or customers with a number of common characteristics such as age group, gender or region. We will likely add you to one of our segments. Segments are used by us to customize the Website and to e.g., change the order of search results or where we place certain offers, making it more likely that you will see them. We may also use segments to show online advertisements or to send e-mailings that we think are relevant for you.
7) Maintenance and optimisation of our Website; Your Personal Data will also be used for maintenance and analysis of our Website to solve performance issues, to improve the availability and to secure the website against fraud (e.g. in case of repeated attempts to log-in or to make a purchase or if the purchase is made where there is non-compliance with our terms and conditions, e.g. by individuals under 18). The analysis also enables us to check whether the online ordering process works efficiently so we can improve, where possible.
8) Participate in research activities We may also ask you to participate in research activities such as: surveys, pilots, panels, focus groups, Net Promoter Score (NPS) surveys and other research activities. Depending on the research activity, we will collect and possibly share different sets of (pseudonymized) Personal Data. You will always be informed prior to the research activity what Personal Data we will collect and share and for what purpose we will collect and share this Personal data.
We will provide research activities either with your consent or because we have a legitimate interest, depending on the type and nature of the research activity.
9) Allowing you to participate in sweepstakes, contests or other promotions. We collect this information to administer the sweepstake, contest or other promotion, in which you choose to participate. Some of these promotions have additional rules containing information about how we will use and disclose your Personal Data.
We use this information to execute and manage our contractual relationship with you once you have entered the sweepstake, contest or other promotion.
3. How We Share Your Personal Data
As member of a global business, we share Personal Data (e.g. name, email address, telephone number) and information we have acquired via ‘cookies’ (‘Cookie Data’) with HEINEKEN Group affiliates and subsidiaries for aggregated analytical and operational purposes and for (re)targeting, for developing behaviour prediction models, the creation of consumer or look-a-like audiences (to the extent permitted by local law) and enrichment of existing customer profiles. We will only share such Personal Data and Cookie Data when we are allowed to do so by (local) law. This means that we will ask for prior consent, if this is the lawful basis we use. When we are allowed to rely on our legitimate interest, we will do so. This is the case when we create insights using aggregated customer data to improve our marketing efforts.
We need to share Personal Data with third parties to help us provide services and products to you and to run our Website. These third parties are:
- service providers where this is needed to provide us with a service or to (help us) provide or deliver the service or product ordered by you on the Website (including our third-party delivery provider) and to provide data analytics services. Service providers we work with include: DHL, Yodel, Chronopost, PostNL, UPS, Bartolini; HubEurope, Kuehne+Nagel, Chargebee, Salesforce, Mopinion and Crunch Analytics.
- Adyen B.V., a payment service provider that will act as ‘controller’ in order to obtain and process payments made by you via the Website, please read further details about how Adyen uses your Personal Data here.
- In addition, we may use, disclose or transfer your information to a HEINEKEN group company in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- independent debt recovery agencies, solicitors or other agents for the purpose of collecting monies due or outstanding on your account.
- in case HEINEKEN sells all or some of the assets or shares of a HEINEKEN group company to which Personal Data was transferred to a third party, your Personal Data may be provided to this third party.
- First and third-party advertising companies.
- Media agencies for marketing purposes and research purposes.
- Social Media Providers, such as Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
These third parties may be based in The Netherlands, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Belgium, or other countries in the European Economic Area (‘EEA’) or elsewhere in the world. When Personal Data is transferred by us outside the EEA we will ensure an adequate level of protection of the transferred Data by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards are put in place:
- The country we transfer your Personal Data to is deemed to provide an adequate level of protection by the European Commission or, where relevant, the United Kingdom (for more details, see https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu/adequacy-protection-personal-data-non-eu-countries_en); and
- We may use contracts with certain providers to specific contracts approved by the European Commission (or United Kingdom) which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe (or United Kingdom). (For further details, see https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu/model-contracts-transfer-personal-data-third-countries_en).
We require service providers to use appropriate measures to protect the confidentiality and security of the Personal Data.
We may also need to provide Personal Data to law enforcement bodies to comply with a legal obligation or court order.
4. Security of Personal Data
We will take appropriate technical, physical and organizational measures to protect the Personal Data collected through the Website from misuse or accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure, acquisition or access, that are consistent with applicable privacy and data security laws and regulations. However, no internet-based site can be 100% secure and we cannot be held responsible for unauthorised or unintended access that is beyond our control.
5. Retention of Your Personal Data
Besides cookies on the Website, in e-mails a pixel (transparent GIF image) is used to track the recipients behaviour such as whether the e-mail was opened/clicked, how many times, and when this happened.
7. Social Media
You may choose to share information on our Website via social media, such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. This means that the information you share, with name and preferences, shall be visible to visitors of your personal pages. We advise you to carefully read the privacy policies of the social media parties as these are applicable to the processing of your Personal Data by these parties.
8. Children's Privacy
The Website is not intended for use by individuals under the age of 18 (or the applicable legal age for consuming the products in question). We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from individuals under the age of 18.
9. Your Rights to Access, Rectification, Deletion, Restriction and Data Portability
You have the right to request an overview of your Personal Data processed by or on behalf of us. You have the right to have your Data rectified, deleted or restricted (as appropriate). You can exercise this right by contacting email@example.com. Please note that requests that do not meet the requirements set out by applicable law or BEERWULF guidelines may be requested to be re-issued or ultimately denied and that certain Personal Data may be exempt from such access, rectification, and deletion requests pursuant to applicable data protection laws or other laws and regulations.
You have the right to receive the Personal Data that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, and in certain circumstances we will, at your request, transmit your Data to another controller where this is technically feasible.
10. Your Right to Object
You also have a right, in certain circumstances, to require us to stop processing your Personal Data, except where we have compelling legitimate grounds, we may continue processing your Personal Data. However, you have the right to object to our use of your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, including profiling, and when you do so, we will accommodate your request. Where you have provided consent to our use of your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw your consent without this effecting the lawfulness of our use of this Data before your withdrawal.