Back in 2012 Jess, Tom and Neil came up with the simple idea of opening a brewery and a restaurant, where they were going to make everything themselves, from the beer to the pizza, the furniture to the fittings. A few months later they signed a lease for The White Building in Hackney Wick, their dream had started to become a reality.
Fast-forward a few short years (and some longer nights) and CRATE has grown. People loved what they were doing and wanted to join in. They now brew over 1 million pints per year that are enjoyed nationwide, and they served over 120,000 pizzas from their home in London.
While brewing and cooking remains in their hearts, their wider community of creative minds and unusual thinkers kept them moving and thriving. None of the story so far could have happened without the people who have helped make CRATE what it is, and that's why they're asking you to join them again to help shape their future.
They are crowdfunding for:
- An innovative new restaurant with beer and sustainability at its core
- A new state-of-the-art pilot brewery for more experimentation, collaboration and brewing fun
- An updated taproom that serves more beer, more pizza, with more seats, and faster service
- 1,000 sq ft of affordable workspace dedicated to encouraging creativity in food and drink
- A new event space with a year-round programme of cultural events